Harm Reduction Worker (Keighley)
Purpose of the Job
- To support the people who use our needle exchanges.
- To directly intervene with people who use our services in a one-to-one setting to help them to address their problematic alcohol/drug use or other specific issues.
- To provide support in the community for individuals and families with the aim of helping them to make the positive lifestyle changes that will aid their recovery.
- To support and signpost individuals and families to engage with other supportive services
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To review and assess the needs of service users with an alcohol or drug problem within a variety of settings
- To support service users to improve general health, including dietary needs, personal hygiene,
- To support service users to improve their social situation, including assistance with housing, benefits, accessing community services and budgeting.
- To work with service users to remove any structural and social barriers to accessing treatment services
- To support individuals and families to access appropriate treatment and recovery services.
- Keep accurate and confidential records
- Produce relevant documents and reports in support of the role.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with other staff and partners.