Group Worker (Keighley)
Purpose of the Job
- To directly intervene with people who use our services in a one-to-one or group setting to help them to address their problematic alcohol/drug use or other specific issues.
- To provide support in the community for individuals and families with the aim of helping them to make the positive lifestyle changes that will aid their recovery.
- To support and signpost individuals and families to engage with other supportive services.
- Running support and recovery groups for people who use our services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To review and assess the needs of users of the service with an alcohol or drug problem, within a variety of settings.
- To support users of the service to improve general health, including dietary needs and personal hygiene.
- To support service users to improve their social situation, including assistance with housing, benefits, accessing community services and budgeting.
- To work with people to remove any structural and social barriers to accessing treatment services.
- To support individuals and families to access appropriate treatment and recovery services.
- Keep accurate and confidential records.
- Produce relevant documents and reports in support of the role.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with other staff and partners. *